For those of us who hoard DSP (Designer Seried Paper), waste no more if you need gift bags for any occasion. It takes only two sheets of 12 x 12 DSP, a little glue and some ribbon and you are set to go. Believe it or not, is large enough to hold a nice sized gift.
Here are the dimensions and directions:
- Score three sides of the DSP at 3" and one side at 2". The 2" side is the top of the bag.
- Make sure your designs match for the top and decide what you want to be the inside/outside of the bag.
- On one of the pieces, cut out the bottom 3" squares. Glue a piece of 3 x 6 cardboard or card stock on the front of the flap that remains after cutting out the squares. This provides stability for the bottom of the bag.
- On the second piece, cut in on the score lines from the side.
- Adhere the two pieces together covering the piece of cardboard and then adhere the sides.
- Voila -- you now have a gift bag. Add ribbon or cording to make handles. I measured in 1 1/2" from the edges and punched about 1 1/2" down with a hand-held punch.